Running streak update!

Today will be day 12 of the Runner’s World Summer Running Streak. I actually began my streak 2 days before the RW streak so here I am 14 days later and I feel great!

What I love about this streak is that since I’m not training for any races at the moment, I still have something to keep me motivated. Everyday, there is not a question of if I will run, because I will run no matter what. Sure there have been plenty of 1 mile easy days, but at least I’m doing something when I probably would have been doing nothing otherwise.

I am very lucky to have a treadmill so that’s where I spend a lot of my 1 mile days. It sure is easier to stay motivated on the treadmill when you only have to go a mile!

I have been feeling great injury-wise. My mileage hasn’t been that high (only 24 miles last week) so I think that’s helping. I did have a minor panic attack last week when I had some soreness on the top of my foot near my ankle. It lasted for less than 24 hours and I think it was from tying my running shoes too tight. Oops!

My foot/ankle injury from last month hasn’t bothered me a single bit until I did something stupid at the beginning of this week. I decided to try my Saucony Kinvaras again even though I had been suspicious that they’d played a role in my injury. I only wore them for one of my one mile runs. I felt fine during the run, but then I felt that same tightness return to my ankle afterward. It’s fine now, but that does confirm to me that those shoes don’t work for me. It’s such a bummer because I really liked them!

Other than that minor setback, I’m really happy with how my streak is going. Is anyone else streaking? How is it going for you?

Comments

You’re right how nice it is that it’s not even a question–of course you’ll be running today!  AND that it’s easier to put up with the treadmill when it’s just a short distance.  I was planning to streak but an injury early on prevented it.  Now, I’m going to try to meet the mileage for the month but not necessarily every day.  I will do my own personal streak when I’m back and ready :)

Awesome Kristen! I will have to become a streaker one of these days too, but not right now. I’m thinking maybe in January.

3. Runningwithsass says

congrats! My body totally breaks down if I run every day. I can only do 4 days, running more is how I got my stress fracture!

I’m streaking, too… my first attempt ever at going more than 4-5 days a week.  I’m starting to feel some minor achiness, but overall am doing well.  I’m sticking to about 30-33 miles a week.  Glad you discovered the shoe problem! The streak is causing me to question one of my shoes, too.. something I wouldn’t have noticed otherwise with more time between runs.

Awesome job on the streak! I thought about doing it. Maybe next time! Or maybe I should just start now and go for a month? I probably need to step out of my comfort zone since I’m not training for anything.

Boo about the Kinvaras! I just bought a pair – and I am slightly worried about the same thing. If anything, I can wear them when I do strength training – although I’m hoping my orthotics will help. I just really want a light show this summer!

6. Misszippy1 says

Congrats on your running streak! You are going to get it all in, I’d guess.

You know, I tried the Kinvaras briefly last winter and I hated how high up they came around my ankles/feet. I even had bruises from where my foot hit the shoe on the descents. So I think you’re onto something here.