Adjusting to life with my 2 boys

Well, really it’s 3 boys if you count hubby :).

Last week was my first week on my own with both boys and we all survived.  Lucky for me, Ezra is an easy baby so far (I’m probably jinxing myself by saying that) so as long as he’s fed and has a clean diaper, he is a happy camper.  I’m also very lucky that Zain is so good.  He already loves his little brother and loves to be our little helper in the house.

Learning young - Zain loves to empty the dishwasher

Helping to empty the dishwasher

About 90% of the time, everything went smoothly.  The other 10% involved me trying to nurse the baby while running the toddler to the potty.  I’m getting really good at multitasking.  We have those kind of chaotic moments where I’m running around doing 10 different things at once and breaking a sweat.  For the most part though, everything is going great.

Of course, there’s the whole lack of sleep thing going on in our house, but that’s to be expected with a new little baby.  It doesn’t help that Zain and I are both sick.  Those preschool germs are powerful.  Since Zain started school in August, he’s had one cold after another.  He’s only there for 9 hours a week (3 hours, 3 mornings a week), but he must just soak up all the germs.  The snot never ends with that poor kid.

My sweet boy

My sweet boy

Swanson Health Products offered me a credit for their website so I could try out some of their products.  I had such a hard time deciding what to get because they have SO much great stuff.  I settled on something for the baby – vitamin D drops, and something for me – protein powder.

Vitamin D drops

Vitamin D drops

It is recommended that babies receive a Vitamin D supplement for the first year.  So many of the supplements available have added ingredients like artificial flavors and dyes that I don’t want to give my baby.  Carlson liquid Vitamin D drops are totally natural and do not contain anything extra that my baby does not need.  Plus, it’s literally just a drop.  With other supplements, you have to give the baby a dropper full of the vitamin concoction and I know from experience that they do NOT like that (we tried other drops with Zain as an infant).

I prefer not to add any artificial ingredients to my baby burrito

I prefer not to add any artificial ingredients to my baby burrito

IMG_6473

Protein Powder

The product I picked out for myself from the Swanson Health Products website was PlantFusion protein powder.  I haven’t always been a big protein powder person, but I discovered last year that I recover quicker after my hard runs if I have a protein shake.  So many protein powders on the market are full of artificial ingredients so I prefer ones don’t have an ingredient list a mile long and only contain what I need.  I’m a vegetarian and I don’t eat much dairy (maybe one day I’ll have the discipline to go completely vegan) so I prefer a protein powder that is dairy-free.  It’s also important to me that I do not just replace all dairy with soy products so a powder that is soy-free is a huge plus.

Size comparison

Size comparison – the protein powder canister is almost bigger than he is

I haven’t tried the protein powder yet because I’m not back to running or working out yet so I’ll save my actual review for another time.  I’m excited to try it though, especially since it’s chocolate :).

I highly recommend Swanson Health Products for vitamins and supplements.  I’m amazed by how many products they offer and will definitely shop their website again soon!

Disclaimer: Swanson Health Products generously provided me with a credit to use on their website. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

  1. says

    My kid’s doc doesn’t even like the vitamin D drops. He tells me to just have her outside for 20 min a day. It’s easy when you’re a runner with a jogging stroller :)

    He is such a cute baby! I’m glad the transition is going well!
    Kara recently posted…Time to man upMy Profile

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Current month ye@r day *

CommentLuv badge