Who’s excited? I am!
The 3rd annual Winter 100 Challenge is coming!
In case you haven’t heard, the Winter 100 Challenge is a challenge I host every year for participants to run (or walk) 100 miles total throughout the months of December, January and February. I started this challenge because winter has always been the hardest time of the year for me to stay motivated to keep running. It’s the time of the year when you step outside in your running gear and the cold smacks you in the face. It takes every drop of willpower in you to not turn your frozen booty around and head back into the warmth of your house. To help you stay motivated to keep running throughout the winter, I invite you to join me in running 100 miles (don’t worry, it’s not all at once).
One hundred miles may sound like a tall order, but it breaks down to just over 33 miles per month, or a tad over 8 miles a week. Easy peasy.
- A sample pack from Nuun
- A sample pack from Energy Bits
- A pair of ProCompression compression socks
- A pair of the Skora Phase running shoes
- A sample pack from Honey Stinger
- More to come!
Rules and Requirements:
- Registration is required (link below), however there is no deadline to sign up. This is so I can keep you up-to-date with any challenge news and updates.
- Proof of logging 100 miles can come in the form of a spreadsheet that includes date, miles and time for each run OR a screenshot from your Garmin Connect, Nike Plus, MapMyRun, RunKeeper, DailyMile, or other running log.
- Send me your training logs once you have completed the 100 mile challenge. Please do not send me each individual run throughout the challenge.
- Mileage logs are due by 11:59pm EST on February 28, 2014. You may send it to me earlier if you complete your miles sooner. Winners will be announced and contacted on March 4, 2014.
- It doesn’t matter if you run at a 5:00min/mile pace for a 15:00min/mile pace. Runners of all levels are invited to participate.
- Winners will be chosen at random out of those who send me their completed training logs. As long as you run at least 100 miles, you will be entered to win. Running 300 miles will not give you a greater chance of winning.
- You don’t have to be a running mom! Everyone is invited to participate.
- Not everyone can run for whatever reason. Therefore, walking miles count too. However, biking, ellipticals, swimming, etc do not count.
- While I invite my readers around the world to participate in the challenge, the giveaway is limited to residents of the US (unless you have a friend or family member in the US where your prize can be mailed).
- Please submit your mileage log in the form below (form will open 12/1).
To help spread the word about the challenge, tweet and Instagram with the hashtag “#winter100challenge” as you log your miles. You can also grab a button to add to your blog or website from my sidebar.
Check in with me during the challenge:
Read about the 2011-2012 Winter 100 Challenge
Read about the 2012-2013 Winter 100 Challenge
Disclaimer: Prizes were donated by the generous companies listed above. All opinions expressed about the products being given away are my own.